Wellness Dietitian working at Bowie State University in Bowie, MD.
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a company that is making a difference? Look no further, this is an opportunity for you!
The Wellness Dietitian serves as the campus’ nutrition, wellness, sustainability and food safety resource within the food service department. Leads, monitors, manages and promotes wellness and sustainability programs and all special diet menu options and stations.
Key Accountabilities of the Wellness Dietitian:
- Supports healthy dining goals. Evaluates residential and retail menu for balanced nutrition and variety of heart healthy, vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, and other pre-determined specialty diet or allergen menu options.
- Assists students and other customers with special dietary needs, providing further direction in the dining hall and/or custom menus as needed.
- Provide 1:1 counseling with students, faculty, or staff regarding their nutritional concerns, questions, or needs.
- Collaborates with campus health services, athletic department, and other wellness groups to promote health and wellness on campus via special events. (Examples: nutrition presentations, informational booths).
- Develops and delivers nutrition education presentations, healthy cooking demos with Executive Chefs, demonstrations, wellness challenges or events on various topics related to wellness as per predetermined schedule.
- Leads and monitors sustainability efforts of the food service department. Makes recommendations for improvement and participates in future program development on campus.
- Assures compliance with standards of practice and regulatory requirements.
Minimum Requirements of the Wellness Dietitian:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree from an accredited Nutrition or Dietetics program and Registration by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Licensed/Certified per State requirements currently or upon hire.
- Previous experience as a clinical or wellness dietitian preferred.
- Previous experience with menu planning specific to allergen-free, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, athletic and religious diets is desired.
- Knowledge of sports nutrition, weight management and eating disorders.
Aladdin serves a broad spectrum of clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, and Northeast regions with food service solutions for colleges and universities; private, independent schools; and businesses.
Aladdin is part of Elior North America, one of the top contract food service companies in the United States. The company uses its ingredients for success: Culinary Innovation, Exemplary Service and Local Teams supported by Global Resources to positively impact people’s lives.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Women/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Wellness Dietitian: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts