Director, Office of Human Resources
Montgomery County is seeking to fill the Director for the Office of Human Resources. The position is appointed by the County Executive
and confirmed by the County Council. This position is accountable to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO).
The Director of the Office of Human will be responsible for directing the operations of the Office Human Resources, integrating a broad
range of human resources functions, covering such functions as, recruitment/staffing, equal employment opportunity, classification and
compensation, health and wellness, training and organizational development and occupational medical services. The work of directing
the human resources program is essential to the mission of the County Government and affects all employees and departments in the
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The candidate will have high expectations of himself/herself and other staff, pay attention to detail after understanding the big picture,
and will take care of day-to-day issues before they are referred to the CAO. The ideal candidate will bring a strategic perspective, be able
to see beyond the immediate pressures, stay focused on the important long-term objectives and have passion for public service and a
strong commitment to effectiveness and efficiency of Government programs, processes and services.
The ideal candidate will be ethical, approachable, trustworthy, apolitical and committed to excellence and delivery of meaningful results
for tax payers in Montgomery County. S/he will communicate openly, honestly and collaboratively with a diverse group people, expertly
promulgate and implement a long-term mission, vision and strategy and provide new ideas and innovation through change management
processes that improve the efficiency and delivery of effective county programs and services.
• Experience and knowledge of advanced principles and practices of human resources management;
• Extensive knowledge of Federal, State and county law and regulations affecting personnel, equal employment, and benefits;
• Knowledge of local government functions and organizations;
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate agreements which accommodate conflicting interests and viewpoints of numerous groups and
• Implements management policies and procedures and the provisions of the Personnel Regulations.
• Build strong and successful strategic-partner relationships with inter-organizational and external stakeholders;
• Effective team builder and collaborator;
• Expert ability to work with diverse groups of people;
• Courageous and motivating ability to supervise, train, evaluate and support professional, technical, and clerical staff;
• Transformative ability to innovatively develop, implement and manage county policies, procedures, and processes.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s Degree in Personnel, Public Administration or related field, plus seven years demonstrated experience in human resource
administration, with at least four years in a managerial or supervisory capacity which include responsibility for fund and budget
administration, program planning, implementation and administration.
An equivalent combination of education maybe substituted.
Montgomery County Government is committed to attracting and retaining a highly- skilled, quality, and diverse workforce. We want people
who aspire to make a difference in our community. We offer quality compensation and a generous benefits package. Click here to learn
more about our benefits.
This position is considered open until filled. Candidates must submit a compelling cover letter, comprehensive resume, and three
professional references to ApplyOHR@montgomerycountymd.gov.