HUMAN RESOURCES ANALYST III 20-075-70-BL
- Nature and Variety of Work
- JOIN OUR HEALTH DEPARTMENT TEAMBilingual applicants are encouraged to apply
The Prince George's County Health Department is seeking qualified applicants to fill a Human Resources Analyst III position,
grade G-24, within its Human Resources Division, Office of the Health Officer.
This is a senior level professional position, whereby should you decide to join our team, you must be able to demonstrate
comprehensive knowledge of personnel law, departmental rules and regulations, be able to communicate well with others,
and execute a high level of independence, judgment, action, and initiative. Supervision is received from a higher level
Human Resources Analyst and is evaluated according to your job performance, completed tasks, and management of
- Examples of Work
- Analyzes data or situations to determine an appropriate course of action within a well-defined and delineated area of concern;
- Obtains and provides answers to procedural questions for employees, managers and department heads concerning
- classification and compensation matters;
- Prepares recommendations, narrative reports and related work products reflective of divisional missions, goals and objectives;
- Provides information to managers concerning various employment related procedures, including recruitment, transfers,
- promotions and demotions;
- Assists the Human Resources Manager or supervisor in the performance of professional employee relations work by
- investigating, analyzing and processing employee complaints and administering such programs as employee recognition
- and employee assistance;
- Participates in counseling between employees and supervisors in attempt to settle conflicts informally;
- Participates in monitoring the implementation of performance planning and appraisal processes and application in the agency,
- Performs other tasks and duties assigned, which may not be specifically listed in the position description; however,
- are within the general occupational category and responsibility level typically associated with the employee's class of work.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the Human Resources/Personnel Management,
- Organizational Development, Business/Public Management, Psychology, or closely related field; plus, two (2) years of professional
- level human resources experience. An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
- EACH APPLICANT MUST INCLUDE INFORMATION THAT CLEARLY DEMONSTRATES THE ABOVE QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
- Additional Information
- PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Bachelor's degree in the Human Resources/Personnel Management, Organizational Development, Business/Public Management,
- Psychology; plus four (4) years of professional level Human Resources experience.2. Considerable knowledge and skills in the
- Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and Access, plus experience utilizing Human Resources Information Systems/
- applicant tracking systems (e.g. NEOGOV, SAP, Kronos, etc.) in support of Human Resources Management work activities.
- CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Upon selection, the candidate must:1. Pass a thorough background investigation.
DURATION OF ELIGIBILITY: Candidates will be selected from a temporary register of eligibles which will become effective
approximately four (4) weeks after the closing date. Once a selection has been made, the register will expire.
ELIGIBILITY TO WORK: Under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, an employer is required to hire only U.S. citizens
and lawfully authorized alien workers. Applicants who are selected for employment will be required to show and verify authorization
to work in the United States.
CLOSING DATE: ONLY ON-LINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Applications must be submitted by 5:00 p.m.
Eastern Standard Time (EST) on April 30, 2020.Prince George's County Government is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Committed to Diversity in the Workplace
- Prince George's County Government
- 1400 McCormick Drive, Suite 159Largo, Maryland, 20774